REMINDER ABOUT PARENTS

By Brother Mohammad Ali

Asalam o alaikum wr wb. I want to share with all of you a very unpleasant incident that happened with me yesterday. Alhamdulilah Allah Almighty taught me a lesson so soon and sent me a great reminder that has shook me up. So i want to share with everyone, whose parents are alive, whether mother or father.

Yesterday i took my mother and sister for shopping. They went inside a shop and took so much time. I kept waiting in scorching heat and then all of a sudden i dont know what happened, all that heat rose up my mind :p I went inside the shop and asked my mother and sister why they taking so much time. Then i misbehaved and talked in a loud voice with my mother and sister and said that i have not eaten anything and u people came to buy a little thing but taking so much time, if you do not come in 5 minutes then i will go home. At that time i saw a sign of disappointment at her face like she's very hurt. And that look really pierced through my heart. I just thought what have i done. I read "Auzibillah" and then picked up the things they have bought and then went back to car.

This same day, at evening, my mother and sister went to do more shopping with the driver. At 7pm i received a sms from my sister that mother has an accident. She was crossing the road and a bike hit her and she fell meters away and now she is in hospital. Had she fallen on her head, who knows what had happened. But praise be to Allah she fell on knees and nothing serious happened. Just some minor injury to the knee and she got an injection of painkiller and tetnus.
ALLAH HU AKBAR!! That moment i realized, just some hours ago i misbehaved and talked in a loud voice and didn't even apologize and then what would have happened if that was the last day i saw her. That thought didn't allow me to sleep properly the whole night and i had this utmost feeling of guilt and i went into extreme anxiety. Verily this was a great reminder from Allah Almighty to a worthless fool like me. Allah Almighty said:
"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not "Uf" to them, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour." (17:23)

"May he be humiliated; May he be disgraced; May he be brought low."
"Who? (O Messenger of Allah)" The Companions radhiyallahu anhum enquired.
"The unfortunate person whose parents or any one of them attain old age in his lifetime and he does not earn Paradise (by being kind-hearted and dutiful to them)."
(Sahih Muslim)

Disqus Shortname

designcart