The Hard Prayers (Hadith No. 626)


Salam,
Bismillah.

Which prayers do you find the HARDEST? Fajr? When you have to give up your comfy bed for Allah's sake.. Or 'Isha? When all you're thinking about is your cozy warm bed..
Sigh. It's a tough choice!

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 626:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "No prayer is harder for the hypocrites than the Fajr and the 'Isha prayers, and if they knew the reward for these prayers at their respective times, they would certainly present themselves (in the mosques) even if they had to crawl." The Prophet added, "Certainly I decided to order the Mu'adhin (call-maker) to pronounce Iqama and order a man to lead the prayer and then take a fire flame to burn all those who had not left their houses so far for the prayer along with their houses."

This Hadith talks about one of the qualities/characteristics of hypocrites. If you're thinking: 'oh, then it's not about me', you really need to continue reading. :)

If you find it hard to pray the Fajr and 'Isha prayers, you have this trait in you. Does that mean you're an absolute hypocrite? Not necessarily. BUT you have at least one trait of hypocrisy inside you. And you need to work on yourself to remove this trait. And pray hard!

When I find it hard to pray Fajr or 'Isha, I remember this Hadith. And to prove to myself that I'm not a hypocrite, I make extra effort for these specific prayers. It's just one of the ways I fight against my nafs. :P

Remember, the harder it is for you to pray, the more reward you'll get for praying it.

A similar Hadith discussed here.
Wassalam.

Taken from: http://ilookilisten.wordpress.com/2011/11/11/the-hard-prayers-hadith-no-626/

Disqus Shortname

designcart