Mud On My Forehead (Ahadith 637-639)


Salam,
Bismillah.

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 637:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Al-Harith:
Ibn Abbas addressed us on a (rainy and) muddy day and when the Mu'adh-dhin said, "Come for the prayer" Ibn 'Abbas ordered him to say, "Pray in your homes." The people began to look at one another with surprise as if they did not like it. Ibn 'Abbas said, "It seems that you thought ill of it but no doubt it was done by one who was better than I (i.e. the Prophet). It (the prayer) is a strict order and I disliked to bring you out."
Ibn 'Abbas narrated the same as above but he said, "I did not like you to make you sinful (in refraining from coming to the mosque) and to come (to the mosque) covered with mud up to the knees."

More on it here.

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 638:
Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:
A cloud came and it rained till the roof started leaking and in those days the roof used to be of the branches of date-palms. Iqama was pronounced and I saw Allah's Apostles prostrating in water and mud and even I saw the mark of mud on his forehead.
I really want to follow this Sunnah: prostrate on muddy ground and get a mark of mud on my forehead. Crazy, right? I know. :)


Volume 1, Book 11, Number 639:
Narrated Anas bin Sirin:
I heard Anas saying, "A man from Ansar said to the Prophet, 'I cannot pray with you (in congregation).' He was a very fat man and he prepared a meal for the Prophet and invited him to his house. He spread out a mat for the Prophet, and washed one of its sides with water, and the Prophet prayed two Rakat on it." A man from the family of Al-Jaruid asked, "Did the Prophet used to pray the Duha (forenoon) prayer?" Anas said, "I did not see him praying the Duha prayer except on that day."

Wassalam.

Disqus Shortname

designcart