THE EFFECT THAT A BEAUTIFUL QIRAT AND UNDERSTANDING OF QURAN CAN HAVE ON YOU


Asalam o alaikum. Today i was praying Isha in my mosque behind my imam sb and something great happened which i will like to share with all. My Imam Sb. recites quran in 3-4 styles and he has a very good voice masha Allah, however one of his style is amazing and it is so heart touching that it makes people cry always.

I n
ever cried in any prayer, because of a hard heart (may Allah soften my heart. aameen). I do not remember that i ever cried in my life on anything except 1 time on an Islamic lecture. But today i was amazed how i cried. During Isha prayer my imam sb started reciting the verses of Surah Noor. And the more he advanced, the more i went deep into the meaning and tune of what he was reciting and then this ayah came:

"Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His Light is as (if there were) a niche and within it a lamp, the lamp is in glass, the glass as it were a brilliant star, lit from a blessed tree, an olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself), though no fire touched it. Light upon Light! Allah guides to His Light whom He wills. And Allah sets forth parables for mankind, and Allah is All-Knower of everything." (24:35)

I could understand every word of this ayah, and the way imam sb was reciting this was amazing. All of a sudden it made me realize that infront of WHOM am i standing. ALLAH HU AKBAR!! What a feeling it was. I could feel the hair on my hands and feet stand up. All of a sudden i remembered all my sins and then the AWE of this feeling that infront of Whom am i standing, it just made me cry. I couldn't hold on. What a prayer this was. I pray to Allah to make my every prayer like this. A prayer which makes me realize in Whose presence am i standing and a prayer which makes me remind all my sins and an eagerness to ask forgiveness for them crying in the sajdah. Ya Allah grant me such a khushu in every prayer. I am very thankful to my imam sb for the beautiful qirat and thankful to Allah Almighty that He gave me the taufeeq to understand Quran. I request all my brothers & sisters who have not read quran with understanding to hasten and understand it if they want to have wonderful effects like that. May Allah give all of us the taufeeq. aameen.

BY
Mohamamd Ali

Disqus Shortname

designcart