Congregation of Two (Ahadith 665-667)


Salam,
Bismillah.

Hadith no. 664 is a repeat. Read it here.

 Volume 1, Book 11, Number 665:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
Once I passed the night in the house of my aunt Maimuna. Allah's Apostle offered the 'Isha' prayer and then came to the house and offered four Rakat an slept. Later on, he woke up and stood for the prayer and I stood on his left side. He drew me to his right and prayed five Rakat and then two. He then slept till I heard him snoring (or heard his breath sounds). Afterwards he went out for the morning prayer.

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 666:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
One night I slept at the house of (my aunt) Maimuna and the Prophet was there on that night. He performed ablution and stood up for the prayer. I joined him and stood on his left side but he drew me to his right and prayed thirteen Rakat and then slept till I heard his breath sounds. And whenever he slept, he used to breathe with audible sounds. The Mu'adhdhin came to the Prophet and he went out and prayed the morning prayer) without repeating the ablution.


Volume 1, Book 11, Number 667:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
Once I passed the night in the house of my aunt Maimuna. The Prophet stood for the night prayer and I joined him and stood on his left side but he drew me to his right by holding me by the head.
  • If only two persons are offering Salah in congregation, the follower will be on the right side of the Imaam in the same line.
  • The Salah of neither would be invalid if the follower stood on the left side of the Imaam and the Imaam drew him to his right side.
  • If the Imaam has not had the intention of the leading the prayer and then someone joins him, he can lead him in the prayer. Which suggests that niyyah (intention) of Salah can be changed during Salah.
Wassalam.

Disqus Shortname

designcart