Ali bin Abi Talib, Dua For Umar [Ra] on his death

In the name of Allah , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.





Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas (raa: Radiallahu Anhu): While I was standing amongst the people who were invoking Allah for Umar bin Al-Khattab (raa: Radiallahu Anhu) who was lying (dead) on his bed, a man behind me rested his elbows on my shoulder and said,
“(O ‘Umar!) May Allah bestow His Mercy on you. I always hoped that Allah will keep you with your two companions (raa: Radiallahu Anhu), for I often heard Allah’s Apostle (saws: Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam) saying, “I (raa: Radiallahu Anhu), Abu Bakr (raa: Radiallahu Anhu) and ‘Umar (raa: Radiallahu Anhu) were (somewhere).”
“I (raa: Radiallahu Anhu), Abu Bakr (raa: Radiallahu Anhu) and ‘Umar (raa: Radiallahu Anhu) did (something).”
“I (raa: Radiallahu Anhu), Abu Bakr (raa: Radiallahu Anhu) and ‘Umar (raa: Radiallahu Anhu) set out.’ So I hoped that Allah will keep you with both of them.”
I turned back to see that the speaker was Ali bin Abi Talib

Companions of the Prophet – Sahih Bukhari: Volume 5, Book 57, Number 26

Disqus Shortname

designcart