Virtues of Banu Tamim



In the name of Allah , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I have loved the people of the tribe of Bani tamim ever since I heard, three things, Allah's Apostle said about them. I heard him saying,

These people (of the tribe of Bani tamim) would stand firm against Ad-dajjal."

When the Sadaqat (gifts of charity) from that tribe came, Allah's Apostle said,
"These are the Sadaqat (i.e. charitable gifts) of our folk."

'Aisha had a slave-girl from that tribe, and the Prophet said to 'Aisha, "Manumit her as she is a descendant of Ishmael (the Prophet)."

(Sahih Al Bukhari. Book #46, Hadith #719)



Narrated Abu Huraira: I have not ceased to like Banu tamim ever since I heard of three qualities attributed to them by Allah's Apostle (He said): They, out of all my followers, will be the strongest opponent of Ad-dajjal; 'Aisha had a slave-girl from them, and the Prophet told her to manumit her as she was from the descendants of (the Prophet) Ishmael; and, when their Zakat was brought, the Prophet said, "This is the Zakat of my people."

(Book #59, Hadith #652)


Abu Huraira reported: Since I heard three things from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) my love for Banu tamim is never on the decline (and these things are): I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying about them that they would put up stout resistance against Dajjal amongst my Umma. And he (the narrator) said: (When) the consignment of Zakat was brought to him, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: This is the charity of our people, and there was one slave-girl in the house of 'A'isha and she was from the tribe of Banu tamim; thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Set her free, for she is from the offspring of Isma'il. The other hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Abu Huraira with a slight variation of wording.

(Sahih Al-Muslim. Book #031, Hadith #6133)


Abu Huraira reported: There are some distinguishing features of Banu tamim which I heard from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and my love for them is never on the decline after that and the words are: They are the bravest amongst people in the battlefield and there is no mention of (the word)" Dajjal".

(Sahih Al-Muslim. Book #031, Hadith #6134)

Disqus Shortname

designcart