Hajj Tamattu` (Ahadith 1328 - 1342)


Bismillah.
Volume 2, Book 26, Number 628:
Narrated Ata:
Jabir said, "The Prophet ordered Ali to keep on assuming his Ihram." The narrator then informed about the narration of Suraqa.

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 629:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Ali came to the Prophet (p.b.u.h) from Yemen (to Mecca). The Prophet asked Ali, "With what intention have you assumed Ihram?" Ali replied, "I have assumed Ihram with the same intention as that of the Prophet." The Prophet said, "If I had not the Hadi with me I would have finished the Ihram." Muhammad bin Bakr narrated extra from Ibn Juraij, "The Prophet said to Ali, "With what intention have you assumed the Ihram, O Ali?" He replied, "With the same (intention) as that of the Prophet." The Prophet said, "Have a Hadi and keep your Ihram as it is."

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 630:
Narrated Abu Musa:
The Prophet sent me to some people in Yemen and when I returned, I found him at Al-Batha. He asked me, "With what intention have you assumed Ihram (i.e. for Hajj or for Umra or for both?") I replied, "I have assumed Ihram with an intention like that of the Prophet." He asked, "Have you a Hadi with you?" I replied in the negative. He ordered me to perform Tawaf round the Ka'ba and between Safa and Marwa and then to finish my Ihram. I did so and went to a woman from my tribe who combed my hair or washed my head. Then, when Umar came (i.e. became Caliph) he said, "If we follow Allah's Book, it orders us to complete Hajj and Umra; as Allah says: "Perform the Hajj and Umra for Allah." (2.196). And if we follow the tradition of the Prophet who did not finish his Ihram till he sacrificed his Hadi."

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 631:
Narrated Al-Qasim bin Muhammad:
' Aisha said, "We set out with Allah's Apostles in the months of Hajj, and (in) the nights of Hajj, and at the time and places of Hajj and in a state of Hajj. We dismounted at Sarif (a village six miles from Mecca). The Prophet then addressed his companions and said, "Anyone who has not got the Hadi and likes to do Umra instead of Hajj may do so (i.e. Hajj-al-Tamattu) and anyone who has got the Hadi should not finish the Ihram after performing ' Umra). (i.e. Hajj-al-Qiran). Aisha added, "The companions of the Prophet obeyed the above (order) and some of them (i.e. who did not have Hadi) finished their Ihram after Umra." Allah's Apostle and some of his companions were resourceful and had the Hadi with them, they could not perform Umra (alone) (but had to perform both Hajj and Umra with one Ihram). Aisha added, "Allah's Apostle came to me and saw me weeping and said, "What makes you weep, O Hantah?" I replied, "I have heard your conversation with your companions and I cannot perform the Umra." He asked, "What is wrong with you?' I replied, ' I do not offer the prayers (i.e. I have my menses).' He said, ' It will not harm you for you are one of the daughters of Adam, and Allah has written for you (this state) as He has written it for them. Keep on with your intentions for Hajj and Allah may reward you that." Aisha further added, "Then we proceeded for Hajj till we reached Mina and I became clean from my menses. Then I went out from Mina and performed Tawaf round the Ka'ba." Aisha added, "I went along with the Prophet in his final departure (from Hajj) till he dismounted at Al-Muhassab (a valley outside Mecca), and we too, dismounted with him." He called ' Abdur-Rahman bin Abu Bakr and said to him, ' Take your sister outside the sanctuary of Mecca and let her assume Ihram for ' Umra, and when you had finished ' Umra, return to this place and I will wait for you both till you both return to me.' " ' Aisha added, ' ' So we went out of the sanctuary of Mecca and after finishing from the ' Umra and the Tawaf we returned to the Prophet at dawn. He said, 'Have you performed the ' Umra?' We replied in the affirmative. So he announced the departure amongst his companions and the people set out for the journey, and the Prophet: too left for Medina.''

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 632:
Narrated Al-Aswad:
' Aisha said, We went out with the Prophet (from Medina) with the intention of performing Hajj only and when we reached Mecca we performed Tawaf round the Kaba and then the Prophet ordered those who had not driven the Hadi along with them to finish their Ihram. So the people who had not driven the Hadi along with them finished their Ihram. The Prophet's wives, too, had not driven the Hadi with them, so they too, finished their Ihram." 'Aisha added, "I got my menses and could not perform Tawaf round the Ka'ba." So when it was the night of Hasba (i.e. when we stopped at Al-Muhassab), I said, 'O Allah's Apostle! Everyone is returning after performing Hajj and 'Umra but I am returning after performing Hajj only.' He said, 'Didn't you perform Tawaf round the Ka'ba the night we reached Mecca?' I replied in the negative. He said, 'Go with your brother to Tan'im and assume the Ihram for'Umra, (and after performing it) come back to such and such a place.' On that Safiya said, 'I feel that I will detain you all.' The Prophet said, 'O 'Aqra Halqa! Didn't you perform Tawaf of the Ka'ba on the day of sacrifice? (i.e. Tawaf-al-ifada) Safiya replied in the affirmative. He said, (to Safiya). 'There is no harm for you to proceed on with us.' " 'Aisha added, "(after returning from 'Umra), the Prophet met me while he was ascending (from Mecca) and I was descending to it, or I was ascending and he was descending."

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 633:
Narrated 'Aisha:
We set out with Allah's Apostles (to Mecca) in the year of the Prophet's Last Hajj. Some of us had assumed Ihram for 'Umra only, some for both Hajj and 'Umra, and others for Hajj only. Allah's Apostle assumed Ihram for Hajj. So whoever had assumed Ihram for Hajj or for both Hajj and 'Umra did not finish the Ihram till the day of sacrifice. (See Hadith No. 631, 636, and 639).

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 634:
Narrated Marwan bin Al-Hakam:
I saw 'Uthman and 'Ali. 'Uthman used to forbid people to perform Hajj-at-Tamattu' and Hajj-al-Qiran (Hajj and 'Umra together), and when 'Ali saw (this act of 'Uthman), he assumed Ihram for Hajj and 'Umra together saying, "Lubbaik for 'Umra and Hajj," and said, "I will not leave the tradition of the Prophet on the saying of somebody."

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 635:
Narrated Ibn Abbas:
The people (of the Pre-lslamic Period) used to think that to perform 'Umra during the months of Hajj was one of the major sins on earth. And also used to consider the month of Safar as a forbidden (i.e. sacred) month and they used to say, "When the wounds of the camel's back heal up (after they return from Hajj) and the signs of those wounds vanish and the month of Safar passes away then (at that time) 'Umra is permissible for the one who wishes to perform it." In the morning of the 4th of Dhul-Hijja, the Prophet and his companions reached Mecca, assuming Ihram for Hajj and he ordered his companions to make their intentions of the Ihram for'Umra only (instead of Hajj) so they considered his order as something great and were puzzled, and said, "O Allah's Apostle! What kind (of finishing) of Ihram is allowed?" The Prophet replied, "Finish the Ihram completely like a non-Muhrim (you are allowed everything)."

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 636:
Narrated Abu Musa:
came to the Prophet (from Yemen and was assuming Ihram for Hajj) and he ordered me to finish the Ihram (after performing the 'Umra).

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 637:
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
Hafsa the wife of the Prophet said, "O Allah's Apostle! Why have the people finished their Ihram after performing 'Umra but you have not finished your Ihram after performing 'Umra?" He replied, "I have matted my hair and garlanded my Hadi. So I will not finish my Ihram till I have slaughtered (my Hadi). "

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 638:
Narrated Shu'ba:
Abu Jamra Nasr bin 'Imran Ad-Duba'i said, "I intended to perform Hajj-at-Tamattu' and the people advised me not to do so. I asked Ibn Abbas regarding it and he ordered me to perform Hajj-at-Tammatu'. Later I saw in a dream someone saying to me, 'Hajj-Mabrur (Hajj performed in accordance with the Prophet's tradition without committing sins and accepted by Allah) and an accepted 'Umra.' So I told that dream to Ibn Abbas. He said, 'This is the tradition of Abu-l-Qasim.' Then he said to me, 'Stay with me and I shall give you a portion of my property.' " I (Shu'ba) asked, "Why (did he invite you)?" He (Abu Jamra) said, "Because of the dream which I had seen."

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 639:
Narrated Abu Shihab:
I left for Mecca for Hajj-at-Tamattu' assuming Ihram for 'Umra. I reached Mecca three days before the day of Tarwiya (8th Dhul-Hijja). Some people of Mecca said to me, "Your Hajj will be like the Hajj performed by the people of Mecca (i.e. you will lose the superiority of assuming Ihram from the Miqat). So I went to 'Ata' asking him his view about it. He said, "Jabir bin 'Abdullah narrated to me, 'I performed Hajj with Allah's Apostle on the day when he drove camels with him. The people had assumed Ihram for Hajj-al-Ifrad. The Prophet ordered them to finish their Ihram after Tawaf round the Ka'ba, and between Safa and Marwa and to cut short their hair and then to stay there (in Mecca) as non-Muhrims till the day of Tarwiya (i.e. 8th of Dhul-Hijja) when they would assume Ihram for Hajj and they were ordered to make the Ihram with which they had come as for 'Umra only. They asked, 'How can we make it 'Umra (Tamattu') as we have intended to perform Hajj?' The Prophet said, 'Do what I have ordered you. Had I not brought the Hadi with me, I would have done the same, but I cannot finish my Ihram till the Hadi reaches its destination (i.e. is slaughtered).' So, they did (what he ordered them to do)."

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 640:
Narrated Said bin Al-Musaiyab:
'Ali and 'Uthman differed regarding Hajj-at-Tamattu' while they were at 'Usfan (a familiar place near Mecca). 'Ali said, "I see you want to forbid people to do a thing that the Prophet did?" When 'Ali saw that, he assumed Ihram for both Hajj and 'Umra.

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 641:
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah :
We came with Allah's Apostle (to Mecca) and we were saying: 'Labbaika Allahumma Labbaik' for Hajj. Allah's Apostle ordered us to perform 'Umra with that Ihram (instead of Hajj).

Volume 2, Book 26, Number 642:
Narrated 'Imran:
We performed Hajj-at-Tamattu' in the lifetime of Allah's Apostle and then the Quran was revealed (regarding Hajj-at-Tamattu') and somebody said what he wished (regarding Hajj-at-Tamattu') according his own opinion.



Taken from: http://ilookilisten.wordpress.com/2013/02/03/hajj-tamattu-ahadith-1328-1342/


Disqus Shortname

designcart