Right and Right-er (Hadith No. 1482)


Bismillah.
Volume 2, Book 26, Number 782:
Narrated Abu Musa (radiallaahu `anhu):
I came upon Allah's Apostle (sallallaahu `alayhi wasallam) when he was at Al-Bat-ha. He asked me, "Have you intended to perform the Hajj?" I replied in the affirmative. He asked, "For what have you assumed lhram?" I replied," I have assumed Ihram with the same intention as that of the Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wasallam)." The Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wasallam) said, "You have done well! Go and perform Tawaf round the Ka'ba and between Safa and Marwa." Then I went to one of the women of Bani Qais and she took out lice from my head. Later, I assumed the Ihram for Hajj. So, I used to give this verdict to the people till the caliphate of 'Umar (radiallaahu `anhu). When I told him about it, he said, "If we take (follow) the Holy Book, then it orders us to complete Hajj and 'Umra (Hajj-at-Tamattu') and if we follow the tradition of Allah's Apostle (sallallaahu `alayhi wasallam) then Allah's Apostle (sallallaahu `alayhi wasallam) did not finish his lhram till the Hadi had reached its destination (had been slaughtered). (i.e. Hajj-al-Qiran).
Two options. One is correct. The other seems correct-er. Which one would you select?
And if you went for the seemingly correct-er option, would you think less of the one who chose the correct option?
Previously discussed here.

Disqus Shortname

designcart