One for the Mother (Ahadith 675-678)


Salam,
Bismillah.

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 675:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Abi Qatada:
My father said, "The Prophet said, 'When I stand for prayer, I intend to prolong it but on hearing the cries of a child, I cut it short, as I dislike to trouble the child's mother.' "

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 676:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
I never prayed behind any Imam a prayer lighter and more perfect than that behind the Prophet and he used to cut short the prayer whenever he heard the cries of a child lest he should put the child's mother to trial.

 Volume 1, Book 11, Number 677:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
The Prophet said, "When I start the prayer I intend to prolong it, but on hearing the cries of a child, I cut short the prayer because I know that the cries of the child will incite its mother's passions."

Hadith no. 678 as above.

When a child cries, what happens to a mother? I can hardly imagine, but observation is my teacher. Mothers can't bear their child crying. They'll do everything to stop their pain.

When the mother is praying and the child starts crying, the mother will be distracted from prayer. To make it easy for her, Prophet (SAW) used to shorten the prayer. The whole congregation got affected, only to facilitate a mother. And you say women don't have rights in Islam? Pshh!


Wassalam.

Disqus Shortname

designcart