What to Recite in Maghrib Prayer? (Ahadith 730-732)


Salam,
Bismillah.

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 730:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
(My mother) Ummul-Fadl heard me reciting "Wal Mursalati `Urfan" (Surah 77) and said, "O my son! By Allah, your recitation made me remember that it was the last Surah I heard from Allah's Apostle. He recited it in the Maghrib prayer. "

 Volume 1, Book 12, Number 731:
Narrated Marwan bin Al-Hakam:
Zaid bin Thabit said to me, "Why do you recite very short Surahs in the Maghrib prayer while I heard the Prophet reciting the longer of the two long Surahs?"

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 732:
Narrated Jubair bin Mut'im:
My father said, "I heard Allah's Apostle reciting "At-Tur" (Surah 52) in the Maghrib prayer."
  • Recite relatively longer Surahs in Maghrib prayer.
  • Surah al-Mursalaat and Surah At-Tur can be recited in Maghrib prayer - because Prophet (SAW) used to do so.
    These Surahs are easy to memorize as well. They have a certain 'rhythm', if I may say.
Wassalam. 

Disqus Shortname

designcart