Friday: Miswaak (Ahadith 710 - 713)


Assalamu`alaykum,
Bismillah.

Volume 2, Book 13, Number 710:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "If I had not found it hard for my followers or the people, I would have ordered them to clean their teeth with Siwak for every prayer."

Volume 2, Book 13, Number 711:
Narrated Anas:
Allah's Apostle I said, "I have told you repeatedly to (use) the Siwak. (The Prophet put emphasis on the use of the Siwak.)
Volume 2, Book 13, Number 712:
Narrated Hudhaifa:
When the Prophet (p.b.u.h) got up at night (for the night prayer), he used to clean his mouth.

Volume 2, Book 13, Number 713:
Narrated 'Aisha:
AbdurRahman bin Abi Bakr came holding a Siwak with which he was cleaning his teeth. Allah's Apostle looked at him. I requested Abdur-Rahman to give the Siwak to me and after he gave it to me I divided it, chewed it and gave it to Allah's Apostle. Then he cleaned his teeth with it and (at that time) he was resting against my chest.

Siwak/Miswak:  twigs of certain trees that are being used on a regular basis by Muslims for centuries (and all Prophets Peace upon them) to maintain oral hygiene and gain the pleasure of Allah SWT.  It is a "natural toothbrush."  Not only does it provide spiritual benefits, but it is also beneficial to the everyday maintenance of one's mouth, gums, and teeth.
The Prohet (PBUH) said; “It is a recommended for every adult male on Friday to take a bath and put on cologne if it is possible and to use miswak.'' (Sahih Muslim) 
And he (SAW) said: 'Four things are amongst the practices of the Ambiyaa — circumcision, application of perfume, Miswaak and marriage'. (Ahmad and Tirmizi)
Y u no use miswak, then?
Wassalam.

Disqus Shortname

designcart