The Long Tawaaf (Hadith No. 1392)


Bismillah.
Volume 2, Book 26, Number 692:
Narrated Um Salama (the wife of the Prophet) (radiallaahu `anhaa):
I informed Allah's Apostle (sallallaahu `alayhi wasallam) (about my illness). (Through other sub-narrators, Um Salama (radiallaahu `anhaa) narrated that when Allah's Apostle (sallallaahu `alayhi wasallam) was at Mecca and had just decided to leave (Mecca) while she had not yet done Tawaf of the Kaba (and after listening to her). The Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wasallam) said, "When the morning prayer is established, perform the Tawaf on your camel while the people are in prayer." So she did the same and did not offer the two Rakat of Tawaf until she came out of the Mosque.
This means she performed tawaaf behind the people who were praying, in a longer circuit. I just found myself a daleel for performing tawaaf on the upper floors of haram. :D
Also, I'd like to make a correction here. In Hadith No. 1386, I mentioned a similar Hadith thinking it meant Umm Salamah (radiallaahu `anhaa) was told to 'follow' someone in tawaaf. Now I realize it meant she could circumambulate 'behind' people while they were praying in congregation. Alhamdulillah. (y)

Taken from: http://ilookilisten.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/the-long-tawaaf-hadith-no-1392/

Disqus Shortname

designcart