Back, with Hadith No. 763


Salam,
Bismillah.

Before I start the Hadith, there's something I want to say (write? :/).
I haven't been posting Ahadith for a while now. Mainly because Hadith No. 763 required some explanation which I could find only in my physical Bukhari which I didn't take along while traveling. So every time I opened the blog trying to write a new post, I couldn't write it. Sigh. And no, I could not disturb the sequence. -_-

Haha.
Other than that, I've been busy with my beloved sister's wedding. Loved every bit of it, Alhamdulillah. The only thing I thought went wrong was the timing. I couldn't attend much of WOC or SIST because of it. But Alhamdulillah, whatever I did attend was awesome! If you know what I'm talking about and you have comments/suggestions, fill out the feedback form. Your honest opinion required!

Coming to the Hadith of the day..

Abu Huraira used to recite Qunut (invocation) after saying Sami` Allahu liman hamidah in the last Rak`ah of the Zuhr, `Isha' and Fajr prayers. He would ask Allah's Forgiveness for the true believers and curse the disbelievers. [Taken from Chapter 126 of Bukhari (volume 1 of the 9-volumes version translated by Muhsin Khan and published by Darussalam]
Volume 1, Book 12, Number 763:
Narrated Anas:
The Qunut used to be recited in the Maghrib and the Fajr prayers.

This Qunut is the one we call Qunut-e-Naazlah. Not the one we recite in witr after `Ishaa'. And this act can be done during wars etc., when Muslims are being treated unjustly.
P.S. I missed posting on the blog. <3

With lots of Ahadith from Bukhari inshaAllah. (y)
Wassalam.

Disqus Shortname

designcart